My girls are a lot like their momma, they like to keep busy! So here is something fun for the whole family. (or office)
The librarian at my daughter’s school taught us how to make these cool snowflakes, and they are actually quite simple. I’ve added photos to help with the construction because I don’t think I would be able to explain the process properly.
1) Ok, first start with 6 squares of paper, all the same size. Then fold each one into a triangle, and fold again, making a smaller triangle like this:
2) Next, make four cuts along the longest end of the triangle, taking care not to cut the fold. Do this to all 6 triangles:
3) Now, unfold the triangle, and it should look like this:
4) Take the very middle piece of paper and roll the ends together and tape.
5) Do the same thing with the next ‘ring’ but fold it BACKWARD. The next one is FORWARD again, and you alternate until it looks like this:
6)Now do that to all of the 6 pieces and then you will attach the SIDES of 3 papers you have rolled. Like this:
7) Take the ends of the three now hooked together and staple all three together at the bottom .
8)Repeat step 4 and 5 with the remaining pieces, and then staple the two sides together in the middle and. . . you’re done!
These are so easy to make and you could easily add some ‘bling’ with glitter, or use sparkly paper. My oldest loves to make snowflakes and these ones don’t require picking up millions of paper scraps when you’re done. Nice.
Happy Thursday and Happy Crafting!