1. It’s Monday. That fact alone qualifies…
2. Today is going on week number three of J’s unemployment.
3. I’m still rearranging and de-cluttering my room, bathroom, closets, garage, etc.
4. The temperatures here are still over 100.
5. I have nasty crickets that are sneaking into my house and making me want to hit something.
6. I’m starting my first ‘healthy eating/marathon diet prep/can’t eat any yummy stuff’ week.
7. My roots are showing and cute haircut is growing out.
But strangely, I’m not a mess.
The extra time with J is not only really nice, but we are getting around to all of the house projects that I have either put off for a while, or never dared to attempt without some serious backup. (as in babysitter/clean up after me person) I’m finally emptying rubbermaids and boxes that haven’t been touched since we packed them up two years ago. While it is causing somewhat of a scary mess, it is only a temporary mess that has already allowed 75% more garage and walk-in-closet space. Both very good things.
I think all of this craziness has made me even more acutely aware of the difference between needs and wants. Just more of that fun perspective stuff that I’m lucky enough to experience. Really though, I do feel lucky that I’m going through such a big metamorphosis all at once. It does seem like I’m building me from scratch and that I’m hand picking what I will be like. A couple of months ago and pre-therapy I don’t think I would be sane right now, let alone happy. The timing is just right.
I am so grateful to be surrounded by friends and family that are such a great source of support and strength to me and my family. And mostly, I’m grateful for healthy kids. I think I could handle almost anything knowing that my kids are well and safe.
And the rest of my frustrations? Well, pest control is spraying today, my hair will eventually look Katie Holmes-ish again, temperatures are already starting to drop and the rest of the week will be something other than Monday…