I always have a hard time knowing how to jump into posting again when I have taken such a long break. I tend to over complicate things, so instead I’ll just list a few things that have been on my mind lately.
- First, packing up a family of 6 (one being an infant) to spend the holidays with family out of state is so much work. SO, SO, SO much work. But it is still worth it. Just barely though. We’ll see if I forget how hard it all was by next Christmas.
- Beatles Rock Band was the best money my little brother has spent in a long time. Not that I know what else he has spent his money on recently, but I’ll bet I’m right on this one.
- The more organized I get, the more I realize how unorganized I have been in the past. Now replace the word organized in this sentence with your choice of a hundred different words and they would probably apply as well.
- I’m never happier to be living in Arizona than mid January when we’re spending our time outside in the beautiful weather. It also makes it a lot easier to leave our wonderful families after Christmas knowing that we are coming back to 70 degrees and sunshine.
- I have way too much “stuff”. Even after an entire year of purging and simplifying, I still feel like I have excess.
- Now that my baby is 6 months old, I feel like my old self again. Don’t quite look like her yet, but I’m feeling like I can take on all of my old responsibilities again. (I’m sure my husband is very pleased about this one.)
- Responsibilities are fine, but I don’t think resolutions are going to be part of the plan this year.
- I think I may be addicted to crafting. Or maybe just to the idea of crafting. ie; bookmarking 20 craft blogs a day and printing out countless tutorials, patterns, recipes, etc. hoping that I’ll have some free time to actually make something. HA!
- Dunkin Donuts are just not that good. They taste like donuts from any grocery store bakery. I have a feeling I’m going to get crap for this one, but seriously, warm Krispy Kreme donuts are the only ones worth all the fat and calories. It’s a really good thing it was not the latter that just opened a few miles away…
- I miss writing here. Not just updating mind you, actual writing that requires actual thought. I think I’ll be trying more of that as the year progresses.
- This year is going to be better. Not that last year was terrible or anything. In fact, it was a really great year, I just know this one will be even better.
Now if I had a resolution this year, (which I don’t because I’m already freaking out about my list), it would be to just do everything better. I’ve added all that I want to add to my life and weeded out all that didn’t belong, and now I need to focus on being better with my time, energy and deliberateness. (Don’t worry, I may have just made up that word. ).
My morning routine can be improved by getting enough sleep at night and relying on a consistent routine. Time spent with my kids could have added benefits if I lead our dialogue in certain directions to teach while we work or play, and try to have projects on hand to pull out when the tv gets turned on too long or fighting is breaking out a little too often.
That’s just a few examples of the areas that I could improve plan to improve in, but I think you get the idea. Overall, I feel great. I’m refreshed, renewed, inspired, empowered, grateful and ready to tip my hat and say adios to 2009.
So what’s your plan for 2010? How will this year be better than the last?…
And with those last words I just have to add some Counting Crows. Enjoy.