You know you are on vacation when:
- Your kids have been getting themselves ready (or not) by themselves each day and you don’t cringe at their appearance.
- You gain 5 pounds in one week because you are “on vacation”.
- You have used more public restrooms than you would care to.
- You have eaten more fake food than real. (ie. fruit snacks, candy, chocolate, etc.)
- You actually get to read and complete two full books in a few short days.
- Your car that was meticulously cleaned out 10 days ago now has the same floor as the dollar movie theatre.
- You haven’t been online for a week and aren’t panicking about it.
- You are reminded just how much your kids LOVE to be stuck in the car for hours at a time.
- You get to see/hear all of the gross tricks your kids have learned over the last school year. (armpit farts anyone?)
- You sleep and get up when you want and no one cares. (went running at noon today…)
- You can’t remember what day or time it is. At all.
- You and everyone else around you has their cameras out all day long.
- You get to hang out with family 24/7.
We spent 6 days in Yellowstone and were in awe of the animals and all of the GREEN! I forget how much I miss all the trees and grass until we make our annual trek up north every year. I loved touring the park and seeing the animals and sights in Yellowstone. The grand primatic spring was one of the highlights for me. My sisters and I hiked up a hill behind it to get a better view and it was well worth the effort! Gorgeous! Hopefully I’ll get some pictures posted soon, but I’m sure you can find incredible photos everywhere online. It would be hard to take a bad photo there…
First week of vacation down, but much more fun planned for the rest of our summer break. I’m going to try and post at least once a week now that I have internet access again, but I’m not promising anything. I’m loving all the pictures on Facebook and your blogs of your summer happenings too, so thanks for the updates. Keep them up! I’ll try to too!